Resources & Support
Links & Articles
Business and Information Resources:
News & Readings:
- Nation's Restaurant News helps you stay up to date with industry trends and happenings. It also contains a page with links to view other Restaurant Industry Publications. (link: http://www.restaurant.org/business/resources_magazines.cfm)
- Gourmet Magazine is a magazine with thorough information for the restaurant industry.
- James Beard Foundation is the foundation for preserving America's Culinary Heritage and Diversity.
- Eater SF is a blog devoted to the Restaurant Industry in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Eater LA is a blog devoted to the Restaurant Industry in Los Angeles.
- Zagat is a leader in restaurant reviews and information for cities around the country.
- Yelp is a blog site that contains reviews for much of the service industry by customers and is an especially great source for dining reviews.
- Citysearch has editorial and user reviews on scores of Restaurants in cities around the US.
- San Francisco Chronicle's 100 is an annual list of the newspaper's favorite Bay Area Restaurants.
- Chowhound is a resource for dining reviews and more.
- Menu Pix is an online menu resource.
- OpenTable free (to customers) online reservation service helps you search for an open reservation at a variety of restaurants at a given time.
- Dinner Broker is a online reservation service, which provides 'off-peak' discounted reservations, as well as 'peak/premium' reservations for a fee.
- Healthy Dining Finder lets you search and view nutritional information on restaurant menus.
- Waiters on Wheels is a site that delivers food from your favorite restaurant to your doorstep.
- Epicurious is a good online recipe resource sponsored by Gourmet Magazine and Bon Apetit Magazine.
- Food and Wine Magazine has all the resources you need to make a fantastic dinner at home.
- CookEatShare is a site that has recipes from some of the world's best chefs.
Pairing Food and Wine:
- WineSpectator.com is a comprehensive website dedicated to wine and all news regarding the wine industry.
- Winemonger.com is a site dedicated to wines from around the world. It also has a great section on pairing cheese with wine. (http://winemonger.com/catalog/winemonger-talk/wine-and-cheese-pairing)
- Robert Parker is one of the leading wine writers and shares his teachings to the everyday consumer.
- Wine-searcher helps you find out where to buy that wine that you may have had in a restaurant that one time.